I have only been a mom for five months, but even in that brief amount of time I have had some of the most joyful experiences of my life and some of the most difficult. It was in one of these agonizing moments that I turned to the words of prophets and apostles for comfort. I began searching through General Conference talks and jotting down powerful and uplifting quotes about motherhood. It was after I taped these words of wisdom above my kitchen sink that I felt inspired to share these messages with other women who could also use a bit of encouragement. And thus this blog was born.
Its title comes from a talk by Neal A. Maxwell from 1978 called "The Women of God." Here, he states:
"When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happens in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened in congresses? When the surf of the centuries has made the great pyramids so much sand, the everlasting family will still be standing, because it is a celestial institution, formed outside telestial time. The women of God know this."
The title "Cradles & Kitchens" was used to remind me of the important role I have as a mother, even though others may look down on it or consider it inferior to a career outside the home. I know that I am doing the Lord's work.
No comments:
Post a Comment